Sunday, September 19, 2010

Long-Awaited Photo Post

See title for details.

I'm headed off to Zambia tomorrow morning, so I'll be out of internet-land for a week. Back on Sunday!

Also, I've been promising photos for ages, so I'm finally delivering. I'm not a huge photographer, in general - I tend to leave that to my dad, so these are just a few examples of South African images from when I've A) had my camera B) thought to use it and C) been able to do so safely - you won't see any pictures of Main Road in Cape Town on this blog, simply because using a camera on Main Road makes you an easy target for muggers. On that cheerful note...
Home Sweet Home - my bedroom in Mowbray.
I share my house, Charnwood (downstairs) with another Eph, Stuart, and we've each got our own (large) bedrooms. We share a living room, bathroom, and kitchen, though I cook upstairs for the most part. It's quite a nice living situation (I've never had a bed this big in my life! To be honest, I miss my twin from home!).

Charnwood Downstairs kitchen. Note the tin of Lyle's Golden Syrup sitting on the counter. You've taught me well, mom & dad!

Living room. TV has been turned on a total of 0 times. Couch is super comfy.
More of my room (don't know why it uploaded in this order) - messy desk, as usual.
Above my (non-working) fireplace, little bits of decor from cool people. Yosemite, Seattle, Norway. And a frisbee from Boatrace.
Speaking of Boatrace...our 8+, Thames, waiting to be rowed at Misverstand.
Drive back from Misverstand - Table Mountain in the foreground, with blades on the roof. My time in SA in photo form.
Eastern Cape! On the way to Boatrace. SA is BEAUTIFUL (and very CA-like, in a lot of ways). I didn't really take pictures at Boatrace, because I was busy, but here's one...
Blurry, but proof! I rowed! (This was after rowing session 1. The blisters got worse, don't you worry.)
My crew! 2nd place at Boatrace! L-R: Dale, Vince, ek (me in Afrikaans), Joe, Kyle, Rob, Ashley, Chase, & Marcus. Our coach, Brendan, is missing from the photo...also, I didn't take this one. I feel so short...

That's it for now. Maybe I'll have some good ones to add after the Zambezi!




No comments:

Post a Comment